Cacao Avocado Mousse
This incredible dessert can be enjoyed chilled like ice cream but without the nasty sugar. It’s vegan too. It’s surprising how such simple ingredients can be made into something rich, velvety, and incredibly delicious. Here’s what you need to prepare it:
- ½ cup of Cacao paste
- 4 medium, ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup raw coconut milk or nectar (can be replaced with almond milk if not available)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or date syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh fruit (like a ripe banana), dates, and nuts, for garnish
- If you choose to use dates, ensure that you soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes to make them soft.
- Place all the ingredients (except those for garnish) in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Keep chilled in the fridge for about two hours and garnish with fresh fruit, dates, or/and nuts when ready to serve