Celebrate Gratefulness and Abundance with these 3 amazing Cacao Recipes
Any excuse is a good excuse to celebrate gratefulness and abundance. Nourishing drinks and snacks are a perfect way to give thanks and enjoy. We share with you three of our favorite cacao recipes for you to try this season.
The perfect snack to have before, after, or even as a meal. With all the benefits of cacao in each bite, these are not only delicious, but vegan, gluten free and completely void of refined sugar.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 12 soft pitted Medjool dates (about 3/4 cup, soak in warm water if hard)
- 3 tbsp of grated cosmic cacao
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk, as needed
- Place oats and walnuts in a food processor. Process until well-combined. Add dates and process until well combined.
- Add cacao powder, flax, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Process again for another minute. Add a tablespoon of almond milk as needed to form a “dough ball.”
- Roll into about 14 bites. Roll each bite in cocoa powder. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Pumpkin Brownies with Cacao
This delicious and moist pumpkin-cacao brownie recipe is low in sugar and saturated fat, perfect as a healthy dessert or snack anytime. This cake is made using pumpkin puree, dark chocolate and lots of delicious chocolate chips. Best served warm.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup of grated cosmic cacao
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of oil
- 2 tsp baking powder or soda + salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ gas mark 4. Lightly grease and line a 23cm/9 in pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans, then stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- In another large bowl combine the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and stir thoroughly (use a whisk or spoon)
- Pour in the flour mixture and blend gently. Do not overstir the batter.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 minutes, then lift out of the pan (with the paper) and place on a rack. Best if eaten warm. Store in a glass container.
Hot and Cozy Cacao Cup
Hot cacao drinks can be flavored with your favorite spices and intentions. The perfect cup of your cacao drink is served with a nice frothy top layer. Traditionally 100% pure cacao is mixed with hot water and spices and served with thick layers of foam. This is our suggested style for the warm and cozy feel.
- 2 tsp of grated cosmic cacao
- 1 cup of hot water or plant based milk
- Pinch of cinnamon, powdered ginger, powdered clove and cardamom.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder to a cup.
- Add 1 cup of hot water or plant based milk.
- Add the spices: cinnamon, powdered ginger, clove and cardamom.
- Use a milk frother or hand blender to create a delicious foam over your cacao drink.
- Drink and enjoy!
Did you like our suggestions? Have you tried them? Let us know in the comments and feel free to share your favorite recipes, tricks and tips.